Gender of the deity
To check the gender of the deity mainly ninth house of the natal chart is judged. If there is some female planet is posited in the ninth house then female deities are worshiped and if some male planets is posited in ninth house then some male deities are worshiped. There are some of the combinations to judge the horoscope and their corresponding deities.
- Goddesses among ten mahavidyas are worshiped when Moon and Venus being female planets are posited in ninth house or lord of the ninth house is female planet. Besides ten mahavidyas, Gayatri or Durga worship is recommended for such devotees.
- If the ninth house is having male planets (Sun, Mars, and Jupiter) or lord of ninth house is a male planet then worship of a male deity is recommended. Jupiter stands for a pious worship which is know as Vaishnav form of worship. Sun is for Lord Rain, Krishna or the gods having royal lineage. If Mars, which signifies anger, is there, then young and angry deities are worshiped who are Lord Hanuman, Kartikey, Ganesha, Bhairav, Mrityunjayee etc.
- If there is no planet posited in ninth house then lord of the ninth house decides the deity. If there are more than one planets in ninth house then the planet is friendly to the ninth house should be considered.
- Mercury is also neutral planet but it is considered feminine in gender. In such cases if Mercury is posited in ninth house or lord of ninth is Mercury then the devotee has to worship feminine deities but in child-form such as Tripur Sundari, Gauri, Shyarna.
- Saturn is a neutral planet. If lord of ninth house is Saturn or Saturn is positioned in ninth house then worship of Lord Shiva is fruit giving.
- If Rahu or Ketu are posited in ninth house then the devotee has to perform worship of such deities who are considered in anger mood. Among feminine gender (Shakti): Kali, bhadra kali, Dakshin kalika, Bagulamukhi, Dhumavati, Jwalamukhi, and other deities. Among Vaishnav: Narsimha, Varah, Parshuram, and among Shiva; Bhairav, pashupat, kapalika, nakulish, and Shivaadwat.
Some perfect Yogas
By referring the above points, we could judge deity and gender from the horoscope of the native as to which type of worship he could undertake. There are some laid down principles in the astrology related to the planets of ninth and fifth houses.
- If Sun is posited in fifth or ninth house devotee could worship Lord Shiva or Lord Sun.
- Rahu or Ketu makes a devotee of ghost-demons or Yakshs.
- If Mercury is posited in fifth or ninth house then any god or goddess could be worshiped or he could worship lord Vishnu.
- Through Sun, Gayatri could be worshipped.
- Moon makes devotee of Gauri.
- Mars is significator of Hanuman or Kartikay
- Jupiter makes the devotee worshiper of Parbrahm or Lord Shiva.
- If even Rashis (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) are in fifth house and Venus or Moon is posited therein then the devotee is disciple of AdiShakti.
- If the lord of the ninth is Mars or Mars is posited in ninth house then worship or lord Shiva is fruitful.
- Occupation of Ascendant by a benefic planet along with any planet then this planet will favor the native.
- There are certain yogas in the chart which indicate specific goddesses for worship to propitiate the effect of the yoga.
- Bhairvakanta, when Mars occupies 1, 3,5,7,9 and 11 signs or navamsas and in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 navamsas or signs it is Rakteshwari, Rakta Chamundi etc.
- Chamunda when Moon posited with Mars.( Some of the texts say with Ketu in place of Moon).
- Durga, when Moon posited with Rahu,
- Full Moon is associated with Tripura Sundari/ Shodashi (as well as Lakshmi).
- If Mars joins Mercury, the deity is Panchami.
- Kali, when Moon posited with Saturn.
- Moon posited with Rahu forms Vijaya yoga.
- New Moon is associated with Kali,
- Tripura/Lalita when Moon posited with Mercury.
- Vijaya Durga, Mars and Rahu together conjoined with Moon.
Planets and deities
Jupiter: – Jupiter is appeased through worship of Lord Vishnu.If it is positioned favorably in the chart then all deities will favor the native but if vice-versa then all are in unfavorable to him.
Ketu: – Lord Ganesha is worshiped for appeasing Ketu.
Mar: – Mars is propitiated as per its position in the natal chart. Kartikeya (during satvic signs i.e., Cancer Leo, Sagittarius, and Pisces) or Bhairava are worshipped when odd signs are occupied by the planet and Chamundi and Bhadarkali are worshipped when even signs are occupied by it.
Mercury: – Incarnations of Lord Vishnu are worshiped for appeasing Mercury. First and Second Drekkans (Ten degrees of a sign) of fixed signs occupied by Mercury signifies Lord Krishna, third for Vishnu. Narayan, Rama and so on.
Moon: –Moon is appeased according to its placement in the chart. Benefic Moon represents Goddess Durga whereas if it is malefic or weak then Goddess Bhadarkali is worshiped to appease. It Martian signs are occupied by Moon, when it is weak, then Raktheswar Raktha, Chamundi are worshiped.
Rahu: – Durga, Narashima and Serpent God are worshiped for appeasing Rahu
Saturn: – Hanuman Brahma, Vishnu and Kiratha are worshiped for appeasing Saturn.
Sun: – Sun is considered at par with lord Shiva. Irrespective of its position, the devotee is advised to worship lord Shiva. It is considered lord Ganesha when 1st or 2nd drekkana (Ten degrees of a sign) of a common sign are occupied by it.
Venus: – Annapoomeshwari, Lakshmi, Parvati and Yakshi are worshiped for appeasing Venus.